Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Quality Versus Quanity

What's in a word? I reckon it depends on what word it is.

I like to talk. Not as much as I used to, but, I still like to talk. Don't you? I like to listen more than I used to, though. As the months pass by, I prefer more listening over talking, although I am sure my family will disagree:) (You know, you don't always do what you prefer.) Anyways, they tell me I've always been quite the hunter. Chasing rabbits, or so to speak. I've been working on that really hard, since it has been something I've done since the day I could talk. Anyways, I was thinking about what's in a word, that saying, and it dawned on me that it may just depend on what the word(s) is/are. Not only that, but also, it probably has more to do with how the word is used, the emotion, tone, volume, intensity, and intention behind the word(s) being used. I was thinking just how powerful words are and can be.

When someone makes any comment to me, whether I like it or not, I am responsible to take care of my thoughts that follow once I've recieved their comment. It's not their fault if I get angry, hurt, sad, or anything else that I may feel. It is my responsibility to be responsible for my own emotions.

When I make a comment, of any kind, it is my responsibility to think first and take care to speak with an art of kindness, gentleness, patience, snf overall - Love.

If we all practice this, will it change the way we talk to ourselves? Or, if we all talk this way to ourselves, will it change the way we talk to others?

God grant me the serenity...

'Til next time,
Love, peace, and PB&J

2 comments:

  1. You had me at hello. . . . this is a thought-provoking post and I am going to work on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Pastor Sharon. . . thought provoking. Makes me ponder, how do I talk to myself AND how to I talk to others. Are they seeing love and kindness in my words?

    ReplyDelete